Thursday, November 26, 2009

meal? , not so bad...


The meal was cooked and no one has passed away because of it...yet! Everyone claims that it is/was good and they ate well and, I suppose, that is what counts. We ended up with quite a few leftovers as my younger sibling could not show. He was flown out of state with his job at the last moment. Sucks, but such is his job. So, leftovers, yeah, we have plenty. Therefore if you know anyone hungry in this area, let me know. Dad enjoyed it and he got a call from my older brother who resides in Alaska. We have not heard from him in some time due to communication problems in the region. He lives 50 miles north of the Arctic Circle so that is no surprise. But, new phone number and lines or what not, all is well.
Today is also feeding day for all of the reptiles, a good meal for everyone here, I suppose. The cats ate good too, you know, "dropped" food. My water dragon will be getting larger before long and will require new lodging. I will begin building a new, larger terrarium soon and am looking forward to it. Not the cussing and throwing tools part, but the challenge and enjoyment of building something. The snakes are doing great and growing strong. I am still searching for a dog. I am looking for a rescue dog or one from an animal shelter. It is not easy selecting one that will go well with me. I am looking for a large dog, a German Sheppard or golden retriever or larger, but am not ruling out anything at the moment. Except maybe those tiny little dogs that are the size of a snakes meal. No, I do not condone or practice feeding dogs to reptiles , no matter the size of the dog! I simply want a dog bigger than a large rat.
I am also looking into getting a bird again. My last one died due to puppy. Yes, puppy. My German Shepard had pups and when they were a few months old, my sun conure tried to maul one and scared the puppy, which, in turn, yelped and snapped, hitting the bird and causing it's end in this life-cycle. It was tragic, I had lived with the bird for many years and had never had a problem with the whole dog-bird interaction. As they say, it only takes once. I blame neither for the accident, just myself for not using proper foresight. I knew better and should have used more caution. The result is that I lost a dear friend of the feathered variety.
Sidney plays in the first round of state finals in 6-man football this Friday. I hope to see the game as it was my high school, and I enjoy football! Both teams are undefeated, Sidney 12-0 and the other team 11-0. Walnut Springs beat Sidney last year ending their season, so this should be interesting at least.
I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving (why do we capitalized those 2 words together?), and remember what the day is for. Giving thanks.

1 comment:

  1. The meal was AWESOME if I didn't say so before. I just want you to know that I appreciate all you did for Thanksgiving, and all that you do everyday. I love you so very much.

    ReplyDelete