Friday, November 13, 2009

birthday & bar-b-q



Tommorow is the boy's birthday. Wrapped his gifts today, one with duct tape then wrapping paper. Will be baking his cake in the morning and decorating it. It should be noted that I am far from a pro at it. I will also cook on the grill, brats and ribs and whatever else falls on the fire. We are to have some friends over and nothing is better than food and friends.
Speaking of friends, we have a new one! She is a four year old great dane and what a beauty! She is Emma's new doggie and they get along great. Oh, and the swelling in Drizzts' jaw is down considerably and he is felling better. He has been a true pest all day placing himself in front of me for attention reguardless of what I may be attempting to read at the moment. The snakes all ate very well. My Jayde Tree calls mine the Slithering Pig due to the amount and rate at which he consumes rodents.
I am currently seeking a k-9 companion. Hopefuly something large or huge. I will settle for a medium sized dog if need be but hesitate at any breed smaller. I really love the German shepard but there are so many wonderful breeds that it is hard to choose. Cost will definately play a roll as Christmas is coming up as well as birthdays.
I had a dream today that my sons came to visit me. The older of the two wanted to play and was off doing so while the younger wanted to stick next to me and talk. It was a wonderful conversation we had And we both became closer to each other. Then I awoke.A very frantic and sad moment when I realized that they were not actually here. Very sad. I have not seen them for many months and seldom get to visit with them so I was more than a little shaken and crushed at the fact that it was all fantasy. Such is reality from this perseption.
O.K. mortals, I must now fly, we have guest and I must entertain as I am entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment