Saturday, November 28, 2009

Guess what!!!!!!

Guess what, guess what, GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!! I got a dog!!!! First, I must tell you about where I got him from. I got him from Brown County Animal Shelter, which is not the name now but I can't recall what it's called, sorry!. This place is truly awesome!. no, really, it is. It is the CLEANEST shelter I have ever been to, and I have been to a few. OK, a great many shelters. It is where I prefer to get all my mammal companions from shelters as it saves lives. Any way, it is a great place. As I said, it is very clean, even the smell, if there was one, was nice. The animals are in great shape. Healthy and happy. Yes, happy. Well fed and clean and happy. Did I say they were happy? They are so. They do not let the animals go home until they are spayed/neutered, micro-chipped and with there rabies shots. Very cool. They also come with a 30 day pet insurance that covers anything they might have missed an the coverage is up to $750.00. Hey! just found the shelter's name! It is the Corinne T. Smith Animal Center. It is in Brownwood, Texas so give them a check out if looking for a dog, cat, kitten or puppy. They also check for heart worms and give them all the appropriate shots. All of this cost $150.00 for dogs an I believe $75.00 for cats. Now this may sound a bit steep at first, but for all that you and your new pet receive, it is very little indeed. This place is great and I expect that I will be volunteering in the future at the shelter.
The dog is great. His is a mixed breed of considerable size. A beautiful animal. We could have gotten a puppy, or even one of the pure-bred dogs, but I opted for this guy. It would have been hard for a dog of his size to find a home and he is a year old. Most people want puppies. Heck, this one is already broke in!
We went to the ranch this weekend and I had a good time. We watched Sidney play a great game in the 6-man finals. They lost by 8 points but the game was good all the same. There was a lot of relatives that I had not seen in some time, and a few that I had not seen for a while on purpose.... The food was ..grannies food. Always awesome. There was everything. Baked turkey, deep fried turkey, ham, oh the ham!, dressing, and too many other things to list here. I ate, and ate, then ate some more. The only thing fat free might have been the forks. Who cares, it was way too good to consider calories.
I hope to post pictures of the dog soon and am looking forward to our new family member.
Be well everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. So, you have a dog. I am so glad that you are happy. I hope "Meathead" will be all you want him to be and more, and that you and him can be great friends. I hope he can help fill your days, possibly make you feel better when you're down, and that he'll always be there for you. Merry Christmas, love.

    ReplyDelete