Thursday, November 12, 2009

Injured kitty


Hello primate-types! Yesterday we took one of the two cats, Drizzt, to the vet. with swelling of his lower jaw. The doctor really didn't tell us much but did give him some antibiotics as he (the cat) had a fever. I did not know how much I was attached to this particular feline-type critter until I was describing his demeanor of the last few days to the veterinary staff. Hell, my voice was cracking and my hands were shaking. While the kitty was in the exame room with my Jayde Tree, i was nervous as heck and could not stay still. My eyes even "got something in them" several times. I was really shook up, even after arriving back at the house. That is funny, since I can't remember crying at a funeral, but I will over that cat. I'm not supposed to like cats because I am a "dog person".
You know, I'm not one who just goes around bawling over everything, but I will, on occasion, shed a tear or three. However, it is usually over the wierdest things. For example; I can spend several hours just looking at a rose or even a leaf of a tree and I may drop a tear over the fact that there is no one there at the moment to share the awsome beauty of that moment with at the time. Or the fact that there are people who will NEVER see the beauty of complex simplicity such as that. That's not to say that I sit there crying my eyes out, just a tear or two. I certainly don't cry over things like a child being hurt, that makes me furious with a white-hot blinding rage. I want to tear the accused apart, slowly. Things like that make no sense to me, there is no reason for it. Those little ones have no protection or defense over a person like that except what we teach them and our watching over them. Ahh, ok, done ranting for now about that. where was I....oh, yes, crying. Anyway, I cry over strange things such as a sunrise or sunset, a clear and star-filled night, or a wonderful rain, but not the usual death of a loved one.
I have never seen death as sad, just a part of being. Sure, I miss those that have passed through my life, and I always will, but I am not sad at their demise. But, let my dog die and I am a wreck. I find this odd. Hey, I find a lot about me odd when put next to a human!
Well, it is time for me to go for now. I have to wax my prehensile tail and clean the suction pads on my toes and fingers. Take time to SEE something today, not just look at it.

3 comments:

  1. hey you may also like some of the following blogs.

    marysbandb.com
    texashousewife.com
    kidtogrownup.com
    coffee508.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. kev dear you are a tender heart and i love you for that it is what makes you the guy you are sweet and skishy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was a lovely post. I will try hard today to really look around and see the beauty around me.

    Welcome to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete