Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shedding the pounds!

I have been dieting as of late and I must admit that it is going better than I thought it would. I have dropped several pounds, lost two inches off of my waist, and I am eating a LOT better. My energy is great! We, Bruno and I, are walking and jogging four to five miles five times a week and I have started a dumbbell routine. The more I do, the more I feel like doing. My secret is sparkpeople.com. It is a free sight with all kinds of great stuff. There is a nutrition tracker for keeping up will all the food intake, menus, if you choose to use them, for each meal and day. Exercise suggestions and a feature for keeping track of the calories you burn. It is a real nice site with lots of help, suggestions from other members and groups you can join if you wish. I hate dieting, but this site really helps me. It keeps me on track and motivated to do better. I can't see a difference physically yet, except for the loose clothes and a smaller belt size, but I can sure as hell FEEL it! Heck, I'm wearing Bruno out now rather than him tiring my ass out. I still have to want to loose weight and better myself, but this site helps me to do so. On another note, Bruno has let me type this web log this morning. He's such a great guy. He is doing great health-wise by the way. He has had no stomach problems in a great many weeks and has not missed a meal at all. He is looking fantastic! And he is back up to over 80 pounds and 70 pounds of that is teeth! Just kidding, it's appetite! We have a busy month ahead with lots of travel plans. My youngest brother is getting married, again, so there is a trip for several days to his place as well as a visit to an exotic animal ranch while we are there. Then there is the trip to the coast. We will be staying in a hotel like pansies. LaQuinta allows pets and has a discount program through Petsmart's pet pals program. (Wow, that's a lot of "p"s!) We may camp on the beach for a night just to enjoy the Gulf a bit more. We are also going to visit a lot of local parks in and around the area we will be staying. I do enjoy traveling with B. His demands are few, except when it comes to his food, and he is always up to checking out new things on foot. I have also decided to take a bit of the Continental Divide Trail on our trip to the Canadian border. We strolled a bit of it in Colorado and while the elevation will take a bit to get acclimated, it is well worth the huffing and puffing. The views we saw were once-in-a-lifetime sort of things. Independence Day is approaching and we've a party planned for here. The usual, grilling, blowing crap up, and fun. I am also buying a lot of ice for the dog pool and making frozen meat flavored treats for the dogs. Have fun, hug a soldier or veteran, and be civil to each other.

1 comment:

  1. congrats as I know how hard it is to lose the weight. take good care of you and bruno.....also enjoy all the travel.

    ReplyDelete