Saturday, June 19, 2010

Back in Texas.


My human and I have traveled back to uncivilization and rested up. We are walking like mad humans and he comments that he is sore. I tire after the walks but spring right back after a good nap. The mountains were as expected, beautiful. The wildlife did not let us down and we explored out wagging tails off. No worries, my human sewed mine back on. He still lacks a tail, poor human. We hiked starting before sunrise and rested at noon until about five-ish, or at least we tried. There were a great many things to stick our noses into and scents that begged to be followed! At nights we would lay listening to the sounds of wildlife and the wind. NOT the sounds of traffic and noises man-made! We could also see stars, stars like most humans never get to see. My pet human thought this to be of some importance and pointed it out to me. I'm not sure why, if you can't smell it, you can't catch it. If you can't catch it, you can't eat it, so what's the importance of it? The dogs may never fully understand you human-types. Good thing he's not exactly from this planet! In short, we had a wonderful time just being what we are, the best of friends, brothers in the chase.
The trip back was nice. He took his time and that was fine with me. We put a lot of miles behind us with our heads out the windows and our tongues flapping in the wind. We rested up in a motel before the ride back. Good thing too, we stank! "Bathing" in the steams did us little good as SOMEONE forgot the soap..... Not saying who, but he walks upright on two legs.
The 11th of next month we are planning on going to the coast. I've never been but my human assures me there will be new and great smells to explore. Plus lots of sand to trot on. We will see how well he does, you can never tell with humans........
Sniff you later! Follow your noses!

No comments:

Post a Comment