Saturday, September 4, 2010

Humor in a graveyard.


This morning my human took me to the graveyard for a walk in the cool morning air. It is a nice change from the routine walks to the park as the smells are different and there are lots of trees to mark. It is relatively quiet considering it is at probably the busiest traffic area in town. There always seems to be a nice breeze blowing in the mornings and it is rare that there is anyone else around, living that is. Today the human saw some marking on a headstone that gave him a right chuckle. He told me it was funny, maybe it was, human-types can be weird. On the marker of the remains of one woman that lived to a mature age was carved the words " I tried broccoli and didn't like it." Some how this was funny to my human as he explained that most humans like to have there lives summed up in a few words on their markers. A testimony to their beliefs. I believe that this woman did not care much for broccoli.
Have a great Labor Day weekend and keep wagging your tails!

2 comments:

  1. ha ha, funny. Your right, us humans are easily amused. But that graveyard is pretty rocking. I visit it myself at least once a year. Did you see all of my favorite squirrals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, they were running amok and I gave chase! They always run up trees....I pee on trees.

    ReplyDelete