Sunday, December 19, 2010

The usual, and unusual, stuff.





Since the move up here there has been a lot of snow. And it is not even winter yet, not for another two days. This boy and his dog really enjoy it too! The other morning it was coming down at a rapid and great volumed pace. I was out with B and when he noticed it he ran around jumping into the air trying to catch the flakes in his mouth. I thought it looked like fun so I tried to catch some as well. It was fun. He also likes to bury his snout in the powder and run through it like a snow plow. This I leave to him, I doubt that I would care too much for it. We enjoy our walks with the snow falling out of the trees or blowing lightly into our faces. There is quiet here, and with quiet, I find peace. I can still my mind and find relaxation. There is also love.
Love, I think, is the most noble and enduring of human qualities. Enduring because it can span any distance and surpass even the great slumber of death itself. Selfless love is noble. When you can throw away all expectations and beliefs on how that person should be, act and behave and simply love them for them, then you have something wonderful indeed. Love is noble in that one is willing to give anything for the other, even there life. Love of one's children is a given. It is pure and whole. Finding someone with which you feel the same way about, that selfless, complete love, is rare. Rare and fast becoming extinct, I fear, for most. I am talking about the type of love that at the slightest thought of that person you are warmed as if by the sun. And sometimes it is as hot as the Texas sun in July! It too, is peaceful.
If you have someone in your life, anyone, hold there hand(s) today, look them full in the face and let them know that you love them. If nothing else than to remind you of that love. We all get caught up in ourselves and what we are doing that we can overlook the love we feel for others. We know they love us, but we can all use reminders of that love and the reflection of their love reflected back onto us. Think of each person special to you for a few minuets, one at a time. Picture their face, their smile, and consider the love you have for them. It won't take much time out of your day.
A wonderful woman I know says that there is always time to dance! Well, there is always time to love too.

3 comments:

  1. I just have to share this with you!
    http://theysayimnuts.blogspot.com/2010/12/who-i-would-dance-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW you make me cry! I love you, I love your family, and I love your heart....it is overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy you are finally where you belong!!Even though we miss you and the family you share our hearts are filled with happiness for all of you!! Emma speaks of the time she will get to be with all of you again, to play and hug up close. We love you all so much! The wonderful friens who have become so much our family too :) Happy holidays and hug Donkey really tight for me!

    ReplyDelete