Thursday, December 9, 2010

New forrests to roam!

This Texas boy and his dog have moved, to New York of all places. Not the city type N.Y., but the nice part. We live in a village in Central-lower up state NY. We are at the base of the Adirondack Mountains area, in a valley, surrounded by hills. There are streams and rivers at every turn, with waterfalls! i cannot wait to try my hand at fly fishing some of these! The Mohawk River flows just a few blocks from the apartment, though I would not drink the water in it. The geese sure like it well enough, as do a lot of ducks. There are new bird species to learn and the squirrels are great! We have red, grey and black squirrels (the black being a color morph of the grey, so i have read). They appear larger with a fur that is more dense than their Southern cousins. Makes sense due to the weather. And we have snow, lots of snow so far. B LOVES it!! He runs around with his nose under the snow like a plow. He also like to bury his ball in it and watch as I try to find it. The other morning, (at 1:45!), he needed to go out and it was snowing pretty good. He was running around, jumping into the air while trying to catch snowflakes in his mouth! This area is truly beautiful, for more reasons than one. I find myself being happy a lot. The noise inside of me has quieted a great deal. The buzzing "sound" in my head has all but ceased. There are places here were my mind is quiet and I can think. I am still adjusting to a new family life and the idea that I am a part of it. The cold is good, for me, as it provides ample snuggle time! I do miss my Southern friends and wish you could all be up here with us. Speaking of snuggles, my snuggle buddy has just sloshed through like a zombie, it is after all 5:39 in the morning. A bit early for her. We miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad your there....you belong in the base of a forest buried in snow being dug out by squirrels and the big B. Ha Ha! I am sure it is beautiful oh but too too cold for me. Your Southern friends do miss you and your lady love and your dog and the kiddos too! We are having fun around here ripping out Dear Hubby's toe nails for torture month.

    ReplyDelete